Can You Really Control Your Subconscious Mind?
We know that our conscious mind is absolutely amazing- but did you know our subconscious mind is even more so? While your conscious mind is processing your choices and actions, your subconscious is also processing your unconscious choices and actions.
Once it has been activated, the subconscious actions, choices, and goals will keep coming up until they are met. Research has proven that it’s not possible to guide your unconscious mind- but there are some exercises that can allow you to have more access and increase your awareness of it.
Our Top Pick For Tesla Code
Try Tesla Code Secrets Today!
Practice Being Positive
One of the best ways to access your subconscious is to practice being positive in all ways. Following are a few tips for being positive:
- Positive Self-Talk: start by replacing all of your negative self-talk with some positive affirmations. By doing this, you change your mindset and overcome any negative subconscious actions/thoughts. Replace the “I can’t” with “I can” and the “I’m going to fail” with “I’m going to succeed.” If you ever find that you’re slipping back into the negative thoughts, try to figure out why so that you can figure out what your triggers are and make a commitment to keep affirming yourself.
- Positive Mantra: next, create a positive mantra for yourself so that when stress/anxiety arises, you can calm your nerves and chase those negative thoughts away. When you consistently use this mantra, you subdue the negative thoughts/actions that arise from your subconscious. Figure out what your negative thoughts are and learn to accept that your self-judgement is wrong. You can create a positive, healing mantra by taking your self-judgement claims and turning them around. Then, create 2 more mantras that give the same idea and change them up from time to time. Choose an area of your body where you can ground your positivity.
- Visualization: practicing visualization- mental rehearsal- of you achieving your goals is a great way to connect with and train your subconscious. Start out by doing some visualization exercises that only need you to use of 1-2 of your senses. Try visualizing every detail of something/someone that is familiar to you. As you begin to master this, you can move to visualization of scenes from your memories or favorite movies. Once you have acquired the ability to focus and accurately recall the details, you can imagine yourself achieving your goals. While it’s critical that you be as real as possible- you want to avoid considering the negatives and picturing yourself as a failure. Of course, you don’t want to think of yourself as superhuman- but you can imagine yourself just as you really are.
Practice Mindful Meditation
Another great way to connect with your subconscious is to practice mindful meditation. This is the practice of being fully engaged in whatever is going on in the world around you- meaning that you pay attention to your experiences as they are happening. You make the choice to turn away from the chatter in your mind and what is taking place with your body. Simply give your mind just enough focus so that you can quiet it down. Following are some steps to help you practice mindful meditation:
- Prepare for meditation: practicing meditation is helpful for focusing and harnessing your subconscious mind. Before you meditate, decide how long you plan to sit there. If you are just starting out, it’s a good idea to do about five minutes. So, go get in some comfy clothes, get a timer, and find a quiet, peaceful area. Make sure there is no clutter or distractions.
- Initiate your posture: find a chair that is stable- one with a a straight-back and your feet on the ground or sitting cross-legged on a pillow on the floor. Make sure that your back is straight- the natural curve of your spine should be in place. Your upper arms need to be positioned so that they are parallel to your body. Your elbows should be bent slightly and your hands sitting lightly on your knees. Settle in and be completely aware of your body before you start.
- Focus on breathing/passing thoughts: finally, you want to close your eyes and focus on your breathing. Pay attention to your body as you inhale and as you exhale. As your body begins to relax, your mind will start to wander. Your thoughts will begin to flow from your subconscious to your conscious mind. Pay attention to them- but don’t judge them, simply allow them to pass through. When you notice your mind is wandering, bring it back by focusing on your breathing. Keep repeating this process until your session is over.
The subconscious mind is a great thing. It has the power to change our lives- for the better and for the worse, it just depends upon what we allow it to believe. While it’s true that we can’t control our subconscious, we can take steps to connect with it and increase our awareness.